Saturday, April 24, 2010

What I do for a living is help self-employed individuals manage their day to day business affairs. Really, I show them simple ways to organize their income and expenses so that they know very quickly how they are doing.

What I see out there are people with high anxiety over their seeming inability to do these things. It seems to stem from their lack of understanding about numbers in the form of profit & loss statements or balance sheets. Somehow when these tools are mentioned, a thin glaze forms over a clients eyes. They nod and appear "as if" they are engaged but I can sense that I've lost them. Over time and through simple concepts, this glaze disappears and what appears is a clearer understanding of their money and their business. Voila!! A small but important victory for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment